- What information we gather and reasons why we do.
- How the information is being used.
- The options we recommend, as well as how to access and update information.
Information we gather
We gather information so as to provide improved services to our users, readers and enhance our business.
Information is collected in two ways:
- Information given to us or information offered through a social network. For example, there are some of our services that require you to sign up for an account, link an account through a social network. We work with social networks including, but not limited to Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. The information you provided by you directly and information through those social networking services based on your privacy settings on those networks, we have access to.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may gather information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you surf different parts of our site or applications and what selections you make on the services. We may also automatically collect certain technical information such as:
- Device information We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile information if you use a mobile device to access the site).
- Log information When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This information may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your navigation paths and search queries.
- mobile related information if you access our website using your mobile device.
- internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account.
- Browser type, operating system, and other technical information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, to develop new services and offerings and to protect our us and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We use aggregated and demographic information to support our advertising needs so we can continue to provide many services for free. Your personally identifiable information is never disclosed to these parties, unless you consent.
We or our advertising networks may also use cookie, tag, beacon, or other similar technology to serve you relevant advertisements and alert you to our content, even on other sites and services. This technology can also be used to collect and analyze aggregated information about our users.
Please also take into account that comments sections, forums, and other similar areas of our services are public. Any information posted in those areas is viewable and usable by anyone that has access.
If we present you with any mailings or other communiqué, you have the option of opting out of that communication.
Your browsers maybe set to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, its essential you remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You have the right to remove your personal information from our databases. To do this, please delete your account. If you have any problems or questions, please let us know by contacting us here email@example.com and we will assist you with the process of deleting your account. We will not process any deletion requests via email, for security purposes. Deleting your TBA account personally allows us to verify your identity.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, outside organizations and individuals unless you consent to it.
We follow industry standards and work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold however, please be aware that no method of electronic storage can ever be 100% secure. Therefore as is the case with any organization – we are not in a position to guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information in your account. If that information is wrong, we make every effort to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Our Services are Located in Nigeria
Our website and related services are hosted in Nigeria. Perhaps you are outside of Nigeria, your information will be processed and stored in Nigeria and you are accepting to such processing and storage.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our website.